CATECHIST TRAINING COURSE
Catechist training Course – Interested in attending??
Would you like to find out what is involved in training to be a catechist, volunteering in the state schools?
A course is about to start on Monday 6th February in Campbelltown. See details below.
If you have been thinking about may be joining the catechists, you might like to attend this ‘ Level One training’ course which is a prerequisite for going into the schools, and one part of the process to be accepted as a volunteer for this work.
If wishing to register please contact Cindy Oliver on 46408550 or by email : email@example.com
If you commence the course and are interested in joining the catechist team, please contact the parish catechist coordinator, Jo Mortimer on 0402974473, who, with Fr Henry, will arrange to meet with you and discuss what is involved in volunteering as a catechist in the schools.
Catechist Training Course Outline (Level 1) – 2023
9:30am – 1:30pm Mondays at Micah House, Campbelltown ( 35A Cordeaux St, Campbelltown)
Week 1 – Monday 6 February
1. Child Protection 2. Classroom Management
Week 2 – Monday 13 February
1. Mission and Ministry of the Catechist 2. SRE in the Parish and School 3. Children with Diverse Learning Needs
Week 3 – Monday 20 February
1. Development of the Child and Adolescent 2. Teaching Authority of the Church 3. Using an Authorised Curriculum
Week 4 – Monday 27 February
1. Lesson Plan Writing 2. Teaching Tips 3. Curly questions/Q&A
Week 5 – Monday 6 March
1. Introduction to the Bible 2. Nature of God, Revelation, Living our Faith